Social Research Call 2022 (SRC 2022)
The Social Observatory of ”la Caixa” Foundation launches an open and competitive call to fund excellent, innovative and socially-oriented research projects. Proposals must generate new knowledge to broaden our understanding of the major challenges of today’s society, using quantitative methods.
The submission of proposals is structured through a two-stage procedure:
Submission period for proposals: January 10-25, 2022
- This call will support excellent social research projects that rely on robust quantitative evidence and an original and innovative approach to provide robust information to better understand current and emerging social challenges.
- Projects must be focused on Portugal and/or Spain.
- Up to €100,000 per project and up to 24 months duration.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The call is open to researchers who can demonstrate research independence and evidence of prior achievements. For this reason, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Certify at least 1 scientific article published in Q1 journals according to the rankings Scimago Journal Rank (SJR) from Scopus or the Journal Citations Report (JCR) from Web of Science in the last 5 years before the closure of the call. For the latter, only indexes Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) and Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) are considered.
- Hold a PhD awarded more than 2 years before the call deadline as written in the Rules for participation (i.e. before 25th January 2020).
The call is aimed at supporting proposals led by individual researchers of any nationality who conduct their research activity at a non-profit organization: public or private university or research centre legally based in Spain or Portugal.
Phase 1 - Application period (short proposals)
- Opening of the submission period for short proposals: 10th January 2022
- Submission deadline: 25th January 2022, at 2 pm CET
- Evaluation of short proposals: February - March 2022
Phase 2 - Pre-selected Proposals (full proposals)
Opening of submission period for full proposals: March 2022
- Submission deadline: 26th April 2022, at 2 pm CET
- Evaluation phase 2.1: May 2022
- Evaluation phase 2.2 (interviews): 22nd-23rd June 2022
- Announcement of funded projects: July 2022
- The submission of proposals is structured incrementally through a two-phase procedure. Applicants will first submit a 3-page short proposal describing the research idea and the social challenge(s) addressed, taking into consideration its novel and innovative aspects.
- Applicants with successful short proposals will be invited to submit a full proposal of up to 15 pages providing detailed information on the project and the methodology. At this stage, applicants will also be required to submit a brief document regarding their research expertise and social and public sector expertise (1 page each).
- Both proposals and the documents required must be submitted in English. All information regarding this programme will be exclusively available in English.
- For any questions or queries please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RESULTS OF THE CALL